We are heading to the coast for a couple of (web-free) days. Hence, I am offering an early "Happy Father's Day" to the many Dads I know and love. If you see this Mike, a special HFD to you, new pop!
Some things to love about Chris (a woefully incomplete list):
- I have witnessed him simultaneously cooking and talking on the phone, helping someone close to him work through relationship issues. Each one of these things impresses me. Oh the multi-tasking, be still my heart!
- He came up with the idea for Ada's name.
- He is patient when I am demanding, calm in the face of my cranky tired tantrums.
- He made me a screen door for mother's day.
- He's so beautiful, but refuses to admit it.
- He uncomplainingly gets up with Ada when it is his turn, even if it is barely 5 am. I do my turns too, but I complain all the way.
- Last week's slow cooked Cuban-style pork. I know I mentioned it already, but it was so good.
Time and time again over the past year he has shown himself to be a caring, loving, fun and attentive parent. Happy Father's Day, Chris.
(lest you think he's perfect, there was that shoe thing, and you'll notice the photo that documents that he likes to entertain Ada by letting her examine the contents of my purse.)