I love June. The whole month is just such a wonderland. I love that feeling of potential, that the best, most fun, most bountiful months of the year are upon us. The start of summer, beautiful days that are warm but not too hot, the long long evenings, strawberries at the farmers market, knowing other berries are coming, plus tomatoes, peaches, plums...
Some more things to be happy about on a Friday in June:
- During yesterday's hang-out-on-the-bed-after-dinner-but-before-bath time, Ada kept crawling back and forth between us to kiss Chris and me. She crawled over, grabbed my face and pushed her lips onto my cheek. Then she crawled over to Chris and did the same thing before returning to me.
- It is likely just a fluke, but Ada took a 2.5 hour nap yesterday. She never does this. Of course it is a fluke (today we saw a one hour morning nap), but it was amazing!
- Chris made the most amazing Cuban-style pork. It cooked at low heat for over 3 hours and was so soft and delicate. Sigh. Chris is good at a lot of things, not least of which is his pork-cooking ability.
- My garden is in full swing at this point. My neighbors say nice things to me about it, which makes me simultaneously blush and feel proud of the work I've put into it.
- My daughter thinks she's a pirate: